Vet Investment Certificate 3 Guarantee
You can now complete the following courses with Foundation Training AustraliaGet in Touch
at a nominal cost under the Vet Investment Certificate 3 Guarantee Program.
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Vet Investment Certificate 3 Guarantee provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in a Certificate III level qualification with a pre-approved registered training organisation (RTO). The Government’s aim is to assist working-age Queenslanders without a post-school Certificate III or higher-level qualification to complete a nationally recognised Certificate III qualification that leads to:
- A job outcome for individuals trying to enter the labour market or their desired industry/career
- Advancement in the workplace or career progression for individuals already employed in their preferred industry.
The Vet Investment Certificate 3 Guarantee also supports school age individuals to access training and Year 12 Graduates in Queensland to fee-free training in high priority qualifications to enable a smooth transition to employment.
As a Skills Assured Supplier (SAS) of training programs funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training, Foundation Training Australia is equipped to help you start your journey to higher learning.
You can now complete the following courses with Foundation Training Australia at a nominal cost under the Certificate 3 Guarantee:
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee students must:
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or are no longer at school (unless VETiS approved)
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen permanently living in Queensland
- Not hold a certificate III or higher qualification from 1995 onwards. This includes any equivalent certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification was completed as part of a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship. However, a certificate level III qualification completed while at secondary school does not exclude you from accessing the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
Employment status does not matter. Recipients of the Certificate 3 Guarantee can be unemployed and seeking work, or be working on a full-time, part-time, be self-employed or work on a casual basis. Further information on the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program can be found on the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website.
If you feel you meet the eligibility criteria, communicate this with your Course Advisor.
Your Course Advisor will check to see if your chosen qualification is listed as a Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidised course. Once this is determined, they will walk you through the following important information.
|AHC31016 – Certificate III in Parks and Gardens|
|Concession Students||$20 – 16 units ($1.25 per unit)|
|Non-Concession Students||$40 – 16 units ($2.50 per unit)|
Concessional student status applies when:
- the student holds a Health Care concession card or Pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card
- the student provides Foundation Training Australia with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, his or her partner, or the person of whom the student is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a health care or pensioner concession card
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- the student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include youth in detention)
- the student has a disability
- the student is an adult prisoner
Please note:if you are applying for concession rates, you will need to provide evidence of the above.
Contribution Fee Payment
Once your enrolment is approved, one of our Course Advisors will guide you through the payment process. Payment can be made via Credit Card or Bank Transfer.
Evidence of Eligibility
You will need to complete an enrolment form and provide supporting documents that support your eligibility. Evidence required:
- Enrollment form
- Photo ID: Drivers Licence (or Proof of Age card or Passport)
- QLD residency: QLD Drivers Licence (or Official Government letter, Utilities or Bank statement)
- Citizenship: Green Medicare card (or Passport or Birth Certificate)
- If you completed any Certificate III courses or above while at School, you will need to provide a Statement of Attainment or Senior Certificate.
- f you completed any Certificate III courses or above prior to 1995, you will need to provide a statement of attainment, displaying the year of completion.
- If you have previously completed any accredited study, please provide a copy of your Qualification or Statement of Attainment for the purposes of Credit Transfer.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: If you have prior experience in your chosen field of study, please ask your Course Advisor for further information as to how to apply for RPL.
- Evidence of Concessional status (if applicable)
If you are unable to provide any of the essential eligibility evidence above, you will need to complete a Statutory Declaration with a Justice of the Peace declaring your statement to be true and attach the original to this checklist.
The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training Queensland provides funding for one Certificate 3 Guarantee funded qualification per eligible participant. Once you complete a Certificate 3 funded qualification, you will no longer be eligible for funding under this vocational education model. For further information, the Department of Education, Small Business and Training provides Student Fact Sheet available on their website.