Coronavirus has plunged the world into uncertainty and the constant news about the pandemic can feel relentless. All of this is taking its toll on people’s mental health, work schedules, finances and personal connections.
Being at home sounds like a great way to set your own schedule, do whatever you want, and you don’t have your boss looking over your shoulder all day. However, the transition can be a bit of a shock, especially if you’re used to being outside.
Now is a good time to start preparing for what it might mean to work from home for a few weeks. Once this is over companies are going to be looking for those who took this time to not catch up with Game of Thrones, but learn, improve and grow a better future for themselves.
In that case, here’s a few examples of how you can be productive and set up your time and space ready for action:
- Limit the amount of time you spend reading or watching things which aren’t making you feel positive. Perhaps decide on a specific time to check in with the news and any social media.
- There is a lot of misinformation swirling around – stay informed by sticking to trusted sources of information such as government websites.
- Strike a balance between having a routine and making sure each day has some variety.
- Stay connected and ensure you’re in touch with the people you care about.
- Create a space that you can easily set up on and where someone else won’t disrupt you. Try to keep this space away from somewhere you relax so you can still have your time away from working.
- Shut the door! You’re entitled to your privacy and peace. Plan the best way of communicating and dedicate a set time for it.
- Organise your day with a structure. It can be challenging managing your own workload but making a plan the night before means you can wake up and get stuck in.
“I haven’t got time” is the oldest excuse in the book, now you have all the time you need to better yourself. Employers are going to be searching for people who took this opportunity to learn new skills. So take the reins of your future and see the silver lining during this period.
We have created a series of videos and laid out some information around our procedure during the Coronavirus, head over to the page here.
We’re open and wanting to support you. Have you thought about becoming your own boss? Check out our BSB42518 – Certificate IV in Small Business Management
Keep your skills current
Click here to view the source.